Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Month in Review: August 2013

It's September 1st! Which means that if I'd received my Hogwarts letter, I'd be at Hogwarts already. But whatever.

So let's take a look at how my August went!

First, 5 things relating to this blog!

  1. The blog really came to life.
  2. A bunch of reviews! (Covert Affairs, Graceland, Something Strange and Deadly, Out of the Easy, The Civil Wars, Sea of Monsters movie, and You Knew Me When)
  3. A bunch of features were introduced! (This is going to be a feature as well! It'll basically consist of a bunch of lists that highlight the month (the number isn't set to 5).)
  4. I participated in Susan Dennard's book club/discussion!
  5. I signed up for an audiobook tour!
Next, 5 things relating to books!

  1. I read Something Strange and Deadly
  2. I also read Out of the Easy
  3. I also read and fell in love with The Hybrid Chronicles
  4. I got back into the reading spirit
  5. I won some books/ARCs for (almost) the first time!
5 things relating to my personal life!

  1. I went to Canada
  2. I had my (first) dance audition
  3. I went to The Wanted's GMA concert!
  4. I finished my summer reading assignments
  5. My friend Haley and I decided to write something (probably a musical) together!
5 things relating to movies/music/musicals!

  1. I fell in love with Next to Normal
  2. I sorta enjoyed Sea of Monsters
  3. I continued to fall in love with Snow Patrol
  4. I also continued to fall in love with Kinky Boots
  5. I enjoyed Sara Bareilles' new album!
That's about it for this month! Again, this will likely become a monthly feature. :) Let me know your "5 things relating to..." as well (feel free to change them to suit your blog).

(Also, sorry I was too lazy to link stuff.)

Thanks for stopping by!

Jessica <3

2 comments:

  1. I really like this feature! I like hearing updates from you.

    You haven't done a review of Sara Bareilles' new album yet, have you? I'd love to see it. I adore that album (and her). I saw her on tour once three years ago. Out of pretty much every artist ever, she's probably had the most influence on me. I've been listening to The Blessed Unrest everyday to and from school, and I'm even listening to her at this very moment (Between the Lines). So, I would love to see a review :DDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I plan to one of these days! I'm loving the album as well. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts. Let me know in the comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...