Monday, August 19, 2013

Introducing Set Up Sunday and Other Features

This was meant to be up yesterday, but I got home from volunteering and was just so exhausted, so I left it for today. My apologies!

Today, I'm going to introduce some features that are going to be implemented onto the blog! Although I list how often each will occur, they're always subject to change depending on my schedule and how busy I get once school starts. If a post comes out late, I'll explain that it was meant for another day and will label it as I would if it were on time.


First is Set Up Sunday. Obviously Sunday was yesterday, so I suppose I won't be setting anything up after all, but it's pretty self-explanatory. Every Sunday I'll just give a basic outline of posts planned for the week! This is certainly very flexible, so don't expect me to stick to it 100%, but it's just to give a general outline. Roughly every other Sunday, it'll be accompanied by a review of some sort (in a separate post, but posted soon after the Set Up post is up)!

And then, there are features for the other days of the week as well, and so they're outlined below.

Music Monday:
Again, it's as basic as it sounds. Every Monday I'll share a song/artist/album that I'm either currently listening to or currently obsessed with, though they often go hand-in-hand. I'll try to stick with songs to make it easier. In the post, I'll have a Youtube video of the song, and I'll introduce the song and/or the artist. Some days, probably once a month, may have special themes or surprises. This means that I might share a playlist, fan!mix, Top Ten list, etc.

Feel free to join in! Just leave a link below the post, and I'll check out what you're listening to. And please let me know if you like or are a fan of the song that I share!

TV Tuesday:
This is also a pretty self-explanatory feature. Every other Tuesday I'll showcase a TV in some way, whether it be an episode review (or bundle), a discussion, some thoughts and reactions, Top Tens, a fan!mix, or a recommendation.

Again, feel free to join in!

Waiting on Wednesday:
This is not my own feature and is instead hosted by Breaking the Spine. However, mine will not be limited to books since this isn't just a book blog. I'll probably participate once a month or every other week, depending on how many new things I'm "waiting on."

Talk About It Thursday:
Every other Thursday (probably; this one is the most subject to change) I will make a post that's meant to bring about some conversation, discussion, and perhaps even a debate. This can be about a book, movie, artist/album, or anything!

Don't be afraid to comment with your thoughts!

Flashback Friday:
This is a more irregular feature, but it may end up being a once a month feature. Flashback Friday is where I review, or possibly discuss, an old TV show, movie, book, or album. So what's considered old? Anything that was not released within the past year (year as in from Jan 2013, not by date).

And finally, Summary Saturday:
Again, this is pretty self-explanatory, but every Saturday night I will make a masterpost of everything I posted during the week with links to all of them.

IN SUMMARY:
Set Up Sunday is EVERY Sunday. Posts will be tagged as "set up sunday"
Music Monday is EVERY Monday. Posts will be tagged as "music monday" and possibly the artist (it'll follow my policy for music, which is listed on my "How My Reviews Work" page).
TV Tuesday is EVERY OTHER Tuesday. Posts will be tagged as "tv tuesday" and possibly/probably the tv show title.
Waiting on Wednesday is EITHER ONCE A MONTH OR EVERY OTHER Wednesday. I will link to Breaking the Spine, and posts will be tagged as "waiting on wednesday" and any other tags I would normally include.
Talk About It Thursday is EVERY OTHER Thursday. Posts will be tagged as "talk about it thursday" and any other appropriate tags.
Flashback Friday is ONCE A MONTH. Posts will be tagged as "flashback friday" and any other appropriate tags.
Summary Saturday is EVERY Saturday (night). Posts will be tagged as "summary saturday"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts. Let me know in the comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...